1 bunch Tuscan kale or greens of choice, stems removed
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and butter
1 can pinto beans
2-3 tablespoons liquid from pinto beans, reserved
1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1/2 avocado, diced
2 organic vegetables of choice
1/3 cup freshly crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Drain can of beans, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of liquid. Rinse beans and shake off as much as water as possible.
2. Lay beans out on a paper towel in a single layer and gently press another paper towel on top of them to get off even more water.
3. Chop the kale, wash it, and shake off as much water as you can. Set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in the widest skillet you own.
5. Add the beans in a single layer. Stir to coat the beans, then let them sit long enough to brown lightly on one side, about 3 or 4 minutes, before turning to brown the other side, also about 3 or 4 minutes. The beans should be golden and a bit crunchy on the outside.
6. Add vegetables and saute until tender-crisp. Add the kale and salt to the pan and cook for less than a minute, just long enough for the kale to lose a bit of its structure.
7. If the mix seems too dry, add the reserved liquid from beans and stir, then remove from heat.
Brown Rice, Quinoa, Cheese, Salsa, Cilantro, Basil, Thyme